We’re here to help the people and families across the UK stay fed.
To sign up to be a member at one of our Community Groceries, all you need to do is visit your nearest store (see our ‘Locations’ page to find yours) and let one of our team know it’s your first time. We will then get you a form to fill in and explain all about how the groceries work.
All you need to do bring £5 for your annual membership fee*, and a couple of shopping bags – then start shopping. It’s as simple as that!
Once you’re a member you can come along to the Community Grocery up to twice a week and fill up your basket for just £3 per visit.
A typical £3 shop can include:
Delivery of food can be arranged for anyone who is shielding.
As well as being able to shop for less, members also get access to a range of courses and one-to-one support sessions free of charge. The courses running at the moment include:
- What’s cooking? – Come and learn how to feed your family with delicious food on a budget.
- Money course – Ever wanted to be better at managing your money and know how to make simple budgets? Come and find out how.
- Life skills – Come and have fun that will brighten your day and change your life as you learn new life skills.
- Debt advice – Call Christians Against Poverty on 0800 328 0006 (free call) to book an appointment for their free debt help service.
- One-on-one support – Need someone to listen and help? Talk about the challenges your currently facing in confidence with one of our trained counsellors.
- The4Points – Want to know more about faith and Christianity? Come and get your questions answered on our exploring Christianity course
To get involved you can sign up for courses next time you are in the store.
*Terms and conditions apply.