We’re on a mission to help keep families fed across the UK.
Building on the success and impact of our first grocery in Wythenshawe we have already opened several new Community Groceries but there is much more to do, and we’re always looking for churches and organisations to partner with to open one of our next groceries.
If you and your church have a heart for reaching out into your community we’d love to hear from you. All you need to do is have a look at the questions below, and if you answer ‘yes’ to each of these and are still interested, do fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch to tell you more about the opportunity, the support we’d provide and to discuss opportunities with you.
A Few Questions First …
To help you as you get in touch here’s a few key questions for you to think through:
- Where you’re located – Is your local church located or working in an area of deprivation where families are struggling to put food on the table?
- Running courses – We ask our church partners to organise and run a minimum of five support sessions a week for their members. Would you be able to do this? Courses could include CAP Debt Counselling, Alpha, job clubs, cookery classes to name just a few.
- Volunteers – Is your church of a size where you could recruit a team of volunteers to help support the Community Grocery team each week? We expect that you will need around 20 volunteers signed up so that you can have 3 – 4 helping in store each day.
- Community Store – Do you have a ground floor space available where you could run the Community Grocery from? This would need to be:
- In a building owned by the church or available rent free
- Minimum of 15 square metres in size, with additional storage space
- Ideally front facing to the street with a shop window – we want our groceries to look and feel like a high street shop as much as possible
Did you answer ‘yes’ to the questions above and are still excited about opening a Community Grocery? We’d love to hear from you.