- 300ml milk
- 300ml pot single cream
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 pack of Pain au Chocolat
- 100g pack Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Butter a 25cm shallow ovenproof dish.
- Pour the milk and cream into a small pan and warm over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk together the sugar and eggs in a heatproof bowl, then whisk in the warm milk mixture and melted butter to make a smooth custard.
- Cut each pain au chocolat in half. Arrange the slices upright in the dish.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips, then pour over the custard, ensuring everything is well coated.
- Bake the pudding for 25-30 minutes until the custard is set and the top is golden and crisp.
- Allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes before serving.